Friday, May 14, 2010

Hit By A Bus

I woke up this morning feeling like I had just spent several hours on Senegalese public transport and then just as I was making my escape the vehicle came back and ran me over. I have a really bad head cold and spent the vast majority of the day lounging (and sweating) in my bed and watching movies. When I finally ventured out of my room this morning to see what was going on my mom caught me, told me I looked like crap, my face was redder than usual, and then after mauling my face pronounced that I had a fever. She sent me back to my room and then guarded the door against Ahmed, both of which were much appreciated. What was not appreciated was the fact that she still force fed me ceeb, which was probably the last thing I wanted to eat.

Steps I've Taken To Feel Better:
1. Lounging in my bed
2. Watching "The Young Victoria"
3. Attempting not to eat Senegalese food
4. Making myself some really good pasta (Shirley, the spices you sent are a god send)
5. Generally being a waste of life

So, a pretty exciting day...

I'm hoping to make a full recovery by tomorrow so I can run to the post office and do some other errands that I was supposed to do today.

Also, the new volunteers swore-in today in Dakar! Congratulations!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're sick! What a drag! I'm proud of you for taking care of yourself though! Feel better FAST!
    Love, Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's are the same all over the world! I wish I could send chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete