Sunday, August 23, 2009

Africa Time


Today, was just another day at the home stay. Nothing too exciting happened other than I walked into my room and there was a bird. I hate birds. My little brother came in, caught it by the leg, and let it go outside. He had obviously done it before. In other animal related news, I have a huge, what I assume to be a spider, bite on my ass. It sucks. It itches. And it looks like an animal’s paw. Sorry if this was TMI.

Class is class. It goes pretty slowly, but so does the time when I’m not in class. I would love to know what people think about all day as they lounge on their mats. I know I think about the heat, air conditioning, salad, and when I get a change of scenery and get to go back to the training center. Without cell phones and without knowing our way around town it’s hard to meet the other trainees that are here. Today at least we sat together after class for a little bit, but being at home gets pretty boring. I can only practice Wolof for so long. Both my patience and the patience of my family wears thin.

I really don’t have too much to report so I’ll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment